If you want to improve your copywrite skills you’ll want to check out these 10 copywrite tips that are proven to work. Sales writing is barely tolerated by the marketplace so companies and entrepreneurs are looking for copywriters that have a record of success. Boring copywriting is an immediate failing grade. These 15 tips will help you keep it interesting and engaging.
1. Vary the length of your sentences so that you have short, medium, and long sentences. This will create rhythm within your writing.
2. Make your average sentence 15-18 words in length.
3. Take your scalpel and cut out those overweight sentences and the words that aren’t needed. Keep your writing clean and crisp so it is easy to read and understand. Don’t use fluff!
4. Split sentences that are too long into two sentences, sometimes even three. Use connecting words like and, because, or, etc.
5. A sure sign you are a novelist is paragraphs that are too long. Keep your paragraphs short and containing only one thought. Two to three sentences is good. Always start a new sentence when the thought changes.
6. Sales writing requires patience, especially if you plan to be good at it. Readers are also impatient. They want to read and know what’s going on. They don’t want fluff or long windedness. They want clear, concise writing.
7. Break up your page’s content by using headings, and bulleted or numbered lists. All of these make reading much easier for the visitor.
8. Use language that’s positive in nature. This means tell your reader what they can or will achieve using the product or service. Avoid using negativism because this actually puts the reader into poorer spirits and they are far less likely to buy.
9. Don’t confuse showy writing with sales writing. Don’t use words just because they have a buzz and sound impressive. Leave the jargon on someone else’s copy.
10. Write in a language the reader can easily understand. Your writing grade should be no higher than a Grade 8 on the Flesch Kinkaid scale.
These 10 top tips work well, so don’t delay and start using them today. Before long you’ll see an improvement in your copywriting. There’s plenty of work for good copywriters so just continue to hone your skills and before long you’ll be one of the ‘best of the best’ in the copywriting world.
About me and Success is Made.com
Want to read more about copywriting? Writing sales copy or building a simple opt-in or sales page? Or perhaps you have started your business selling products and services and are interested in how branding can help you sell more and even earn more money? Or perhaps you're just trying to get your blog off the ground?
In '98 I started my marketing and copywriting journey. First on actual paper (yes, really!) and then I gradually moved to online. I have built and worked for multiple online business and launched many brands, in DIY, fashion accessories, eyewear, sports supplements, and in the meditation and spirituality niche. So it's safe to call me an all-round online marketer!
If you want your online business to work for you instead of the other way around. And if you are sick and tired of all the online marketing gurus trying to push their expensive webinars and expensive tools, you can give me a chance! I am here to support and share my experience and knowledge. I work on this site whenever I have time, so when you're missing a certain topic or get stuck, please reach out through the contact form.
To your success!
Sign up! It's free!