If you are working hard to become the best copywriter you can be, good for you! Half the battle is persistence and practice. Of course, having some of those top secrets no one wants to share can certainly come in handy too! And that’s exactly what we are about to share with you – are you ready?
- Write in the language of your readers – While there is a great deal of focus around writing high quality English copy, what you need to keep in mind is that the writing should be in the language that your reader will be most comfortable about. It is important that you know who you are target market is before you start.
- People are hardwired on how they will respond to certain stories. Understand what type of story generates what type of emotion and what type of action. Use storytelling as a powerful tool in your copywriting to get the reaction you want.
- Always include a single question that the reader will answer ‘yes’ to. This will precondition the reader to agree with you throughout your copy, and later you should be able to get another ‘yes’ out of them when you most need them.
- Don’t be afraid to use personal history and facts to build a relationship with the reader. Empathy is an excellent tool to show the viewer or reader that you are feeling their pain.
- Think of your sales copy as a conversation that’s going down in a bar with your best buddy. It needs to be conversational, sound like it would if you were speaking, and not be stiff. You should always read sales copy out loud.
- Study other successful copy and learn from it. Note key phrases that are used, how the copywriter makes the sales copy punchy, and how it generates sales. Who better to learn from than the most successful? That just makes good sense.
A career as a copywriter takes lots of work, but the rewards are definitely worth it. Boredom is never a concern, and there are plenty of opportunities, especially if you are good at what you do. The explosive rise of the internet has allowed for many copywriter positions to appear so whether you are looking for an employment opportunity with a company or want to an entrepreneur, there are opportunities available. These great copywrite secrets will help you become a better copywriter.